I found some new recipes a couple weeks ago that I need to share! This one was as easy as it gets and totally healthy. The flavor was sweet and spicy and just all around bomb diggity. Yep, we’ll be making it again soon for sure!
I made a few minor changes to the original recipe so here’s what I did:
- 1/2 cup italian dressing
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 14 lb chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sea salt, cracked pepper
- 1 lb asparagus (snip off dead ends and cut stalks in half)
- bunch of thinly sliced carrots
- Whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Heat some coconut oil in a skillet and cook chicken with salt and pepper.
- Pour half the mixture over the chicken and rotate to evenly coat.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet, leaving the sauce in the skillet. Add the asparagus and carrots to the skillet and cook those until crisp and tender.
- Remove the asparagus and carrots and pour the remaining sauce mixture into the skillet. Cook the mixture for about a minute until it thickens into a glaze-like consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the chicken and veggies and you’re done!
I baked some red potatoes in coconut oil, sea salt, cracked pepper, and thyme as our side and it all went really well together. YUM- now I’m hungry.