Sometimes eating out with kids just sounds like a whole lot more work than fun. There’s the sugar packets and salt shakers, knives and napkins, and of course the pinnacle of disasters- filled to the brim drink cups. There’s the likelihood of your baby not wanting to be strapped to a high chair and letting you know by either dangerous escape methods or blood-curdling screams of agony. The opportunities for disaster just seem to great a risk to be worth it most of the time.
However, we’ve found a few stops in town that make eating out with kiddos totally bearable and may be even FUN..
1. Whole Foods- The kids love their mini shopping carts and are thrilled to push them around browsing options. They have an outdoor eating area where the kids can be free to walk around and be loud. Inside they usually have coloring supplies and a magnetic letter board they can play with too.
2. Chick Fil A- An obvious one but it’s our top pick most days. They have an awesome playroom, placemats and free cheerios, and the most delicious cobb salad for moms. 🙂
3. Food Trucks at Guthrie Green- If this counts as a restaurant. Kids can graze in between running and splashing as parents picnic.
4. McNellies South has a large outdoor patio area with picnic tables. Em loves the sweet potato fries! It’s our favorite place to ride bikes with the kids to.
5. Dilly Deli- Our new favorite! I don’t know how we haven’t been with the kids before but their fenced in back porch is the perfect place for a family dinner! They have four brightly painted doll houses filled with kitchen toys. They have little plastic chairs, string lighting, and kids eat free on Thursday nights… “This is my house. That’s Jonah-man’s house. That’s Norahs and that one’s Tucker’s.” 🙂 The Brown-Eyed Girl. So good. Norah taking sno cone orders from the little kids…
Tucker’s turn! 🙂 This guy loved being free to explore and I loved the fence that kept him contained and in view. Win-win! Josh’s Sno Shack’s snoistas in training. I think they only serve blue sno cones though. 🙂
Listing flavors for her customers…