1. Snacks! They’re your best friend when you’re on the go. Before you leave the house your purse needs to be filled with an array of fun snacks for stroller, carseat, and even melt-down-distracting entertainment. I pity the mom who gets all the way to the zoo without snacks, because, I’ve been her. Trust me, everything’s better with snacks.
2. Ditch the bulky diaper bag. When I first had Emerson I lugged everything with me EVERYWHERE I went. I was prepared for any and every emergency. I had scented bags for dirty diapers, burp cloths, medicine, ointments, boogy wipes, regular wipes, changes of clothes, etc. Now, I am a total “no-frills” mom and life is so much less stressful that way. I travel light with these kiddos. I throw a couple diapers and wipes in my purse, always a paci, snacks, and a bottle and we GO! I keep extra things in the car in case of emergency but I’m definitely not lugging a ten pound bag around, a giant double-stroller, and two kids. I just don’t work out enough for that kind of heavy-lifting 😉
3. Sync up their nap times. This seems like a no-brainer but I’m saying it anyway because that’s how useful this tip is. There is no getting anything done unless you have this small moment in your day to run around like a crazy person. Having two can sometimes feel like someone always needs something. This is my moment to not only get things done but do something I want to do (shower, rest, blog). Get your “me time” in so you can have more energy and be refreshed enough to be super-mommy when they wake up.
4. Buy Dreft stain remover and use it often. It’s a miracle spray. I use it on everything now. I’m the type of mom who has no problem letting my kids get dirty and have fun but I also enjoy dressing them up and like taking care of their precious little threads. So, I do a lot of outfit changes and a lot of laundry. This miracle spray has saved so many favorite outfits for us. I’ve even gotten out yellowed spit-up stains from clothes that have been boxed up for over a year. MIRACLE SPRAY I tell you! 🙂
5. Box fans, box fans, box fans. Our family is obsessed. I can’t get a good nights sleep without one and I’m training my children to develop the same attachment. Our kids sleep with theirs on and it drowns out all the noise, even mom and dad’s netflix marathon happening downstairs. 😉 Tucker sleeps right through his sister’s musical performances outside his door. On a side note, I’ve also heard running a fan in a baby’s room can also reduce the risk of SIDS. If you don’t have one, you probably need several.